Tuesday, July 07, 2009

I didn't even have to go to Goodwill

I'm joining http://southernhospitality-rhoda.blogspot.com/ in showing off my treasures.

On my weekly trip to the library to return books, I saw these by the curb. The cradle needs some work as well as the highchair. Not alot. Just some glue, sand paper and some love.

The highchair: It was MADE IN THE SOUTH. (Upper left corner of sticker) That's exactly what is says. It's by Cass Toy Co. I might have a treasure on my hands.

Who would throw this out? I think it might have been a landlord as the house looked creepy and there was a for sale sign. It could have been a foreclosure. Sad.

Abigail and Porter will treasure these.




5 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Nice finds. Yes - free is good. :)
Glenda

Caro said...

FREE is always the best! I'm the queen of curbside shopping, teehee!
And unfortunately, a TON of people WOULD throw that kind of treasure away! Aint it sad? They view it as 'old junk' and dont see ANY potential!
I';m glad you saved those from a life in tyhe landfill!

Helen Joy said...

The highchair is darling! I'm so glad you rescued them!

Kelly @ Ruby Begonia said...

Not sure if it's the same thing but I found a Cass babydoll highchair on Ebay. The "Buy it now" price was $125. Great find!

Shannon said...

Kelly. W.
WOW! Great price on it but I think I'll keep it. Unless we need to buy food! lol
-Shannon