Sunday, April 15, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIDS!
Today, the kids turn one. Oh boy. What a year. These children make our lives so complete. Carey and I laid in bed and talked all about when the kids were born. We were in the hospital watching Friday night tv (prob 20/20) and I had told Carey to go on home. Nothing's gonna happen tonight. Well I was wrong. I started having more frequent contractions (ouch) at about 9 oclock. I laid there and didn't really call on anyone. I just focused. At about 10:30 I called for the nurse. She came in and hooked me up so she could monitor the kids. My contractions were more frequent. I was scared. I called Carey and told him to get here. He got there in time, don't worry. Dr. Cosentino came in and asked me if I was ready to have some kids. What are you supposed to say to THAT! I can remember everything like it was yesterday. Every detail. When I saw the kids. Carey in his hospital gear. The lights. The most awesome lady that held me tight while I got my epidural. The blue sheet. The unknown.

Abigail and Porter,
You are the light of our lives.
We love you more than you'll ever know.
Love,
Mom and Dad





Lightnin' McQueen and Sally



Yeah, we're 1!



I like you Lightnin'



Abbey could care less.

1 comment:

Noah and Max said...

YEAH, you made it! I am not talking about Abbey and Porter, I'm talking Mom and Dad. You made it to the 1 year mark! Everything will go even faster this second year. It's still amazing.

Happy Birthday Kids! Have a great day!
Jeri, Jason, Noah and (anyday)Max