Today my precious babies are 2 years old. We woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. The kids were a little grouchy. But we gave them their dump trucks and they were back to normal. You may be asking why Abigail got a dump truck. Well because Brother Bear got a dump truck. We can't get just him one or they will be fighting over it all day. And it doesn't seem right for Porter to be playing with a purse or Barbie.
2 years ago I was in Seton Main. I've been meaning to write this story now for 2 years.
On April 11th my water broke (it was 12:30am). I had gotten up to use the bathroom and told Carey, "Honey, I think it's time"..........you know, the phrase you hear in the movies. So we scurried around the house, got the suitcase and headed down to Seton. I was pretty nervous. Carey, I'm sure was nervous. We get inside and Carey gets me a wheelchair. We walk through the halls until we reach labor and delivery. They did the normal stuff. Blood pressure....the works. Then they gave me magnesium which isn't very fun. I was on that for about a day and a half. I finally got moved to a normal patient room. They wouldn't let me leave till I had the babies. I could have been in for a long stay. But I wasn't.
That Friday night Carey and I watched television and I was having very slight contractions. They hurt, but they were far apart. I told him to go ahead and head home, get a good nights rest and I would see him in the morning. Meanwhile the contractions were becoming more frequent. I couldn't stand it any longer. Finally I paged the nurse and told her that I was having contractions. She put the monitors on to keep an eye on the babies. I decided to have the nurse call Carey. He had just put his head down. It was around 11. He sped to the hospital.
Dr. Cosentino came in and asked me if I was ready to have some babies. I was like, "Sure!" He said he really felt more comfortable delivering them via C-section. So I was being prepped and in walked Carey. They took him to get his scrubs on. I was being transferred to an OR bed. They wheeled me to OR. I was scared but I guess the adrenaline takes over and calms you somehow. It all happens so fast.
The nurse there was wonderful. She had these huge breasts and she put my head on her chest and rubbed my back and told me all about her family and ran her hands through my hair. She was awesome. She was really trying to keep my mind off the epidural process. She told me to just relax against her chest. And I did, gladly. I was ready and prepped and all these people started to come into the room. Dr. Cosentino asked, "Can you feel this?" I said no. That gave him the go ahead to get the babies out. I felt nothing. All of a sudden here comes Porter. They let me look at him and he was so beautiful. Off he went to get cleaned up. Then here comes Abigail. What a beauty. Off she went. Carey waited with me for a bit while the docs cleaned me up and put a few stitches in.
I got to see the kids later on that night. I needed to rest. I was wheeled down to see the 2 most precious babies. The Best Babies.
4 comments:
I've been lurking for a few months and am now absolutely certain that our twins were in the same NICU baby with A & P! We came in on 4/27 of '06. What a small world :) It is a major blessing to see them looking so big and healthy. And congrats on turning 2!!!!
er, NICU "b-a-y" Typing with toddlers is my only excuse.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY PORTER AND ABIGAIL HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! Sorry I can't be there for your party. Oh and Shannon welcome to the terrible 2's. Read my blog to learn more :)
love Jeri
Happy birthday beautiful ones.
Post a Comment