The kids were getting restless so I gave them shopping bags. I have some from the old days when mom went shopping. They filled their bags with toys and LOVED it. They hung them on their bikes and took off. It was really cute.
Isn't that so funny what can keep kids entertained. Really it's the simple things that hardly cost a dime.
Ok as for thrift shopping, I have friends that will not touch the thrift stores. They think they are gross and they are shocked to find out that I buy many a items in those joints (I completely understand the looks that people give you). I do have to admit it takes a certain person who can thrive @ these places though. It's a treasure hunt and you have to have patience and a willingness to dig. I find it much more satisfying to find something cool that looks like trash and turn it into something beautiful. Plus it's just so darn cheap.
1 comment:
Isn't that so funny what can keep kids entertained. Really it's the simple things that hardly cost a dime.
Ok as for thrift shopping, I have friends that will not touch the thrift stores. They think they are gross and they are shocked to find out that I buy many a items in those joints (I completely understand the looks that people give you). I do have to admit it takes a certain person who can thrive @ these places though. It's a treasure hunt and you have to have patience and a willingness to dig. I find it much more satisfying to find something cool that looks like trash and turn it into something beautiful. Plus it's just so darn cheap.
Have a good day!
Post a Comment