Saturday, February 16, 2008

I don't think I need to tell you how happy I was to see this sign.
For those of you who don't have Taco Bueno (Bueno for short) and who are stuck with just Taco Bell or Taco Tico or Taco Cabana (which is also good) I'm sorry. I grew up on Taco Bueno. I always ordered 2 tacos and 1 bean burrito in high school. Shelley Magruder and I used to go there everyday.



The one and only in Austin. We drove 22 point some odd miles to eat here. And much to my delight we are getting one is north Austin. Hello! The old buildings are adobe looking huts. Now, I guess they have to keep up with the architectural changes everyone else is going for.

Here's the old look.




Me and Abbey about to gobble up a Bueno Chilada platter. Highly recommended.



Porter enjoying his outing with dad.



Porter eying the bean and cheese!



Bubby and dad with full tummies.





I'm pretty.




Lookin' out the window.
This was a good day. Afterwards we went to the library.

3 comments:

Noah and Max said...

Are you just so excited!!! Isn't it amazing the little things that remind us of home

Joeprah said...

Taco Bueno? I only have Taco Malo around here. Lucky you! Cool pics and story.

Melody Forest McKee said...

I'm addicted to Bueno. There, I said it. 2 bean burritos w/ sour cream. Mmmm. Love it!