I have the kids involved in the reading program at the library but they don't know it. A few weeks ago, I signed them up and we made little tags with their names on it. We got to move the little tags when the kids reached 10 hours of reading to the "10 Hours" category. The kids got a library t-shirt, a certificate signed by the librarian (Marian, lol) and the Guv'nah Rick Perry. They also received a coupon for a free ice cream at Dairy Queen. So we took them to the 80's DQ. And I do mean 80's. Whew do they need to update that place.
Anyway the kids loved their ice cream of course. The next step is 15 hours, bringing us to a total of 25 hours for summer reading.

At the counter. It's all about them.


At the table enjoying our ice cream

Dig in Buddy

Miss Princess herself

Probably telling me off again

Porter and Carey


Dino eat



Brain freeze!


Summer treats at the best
No comments:
Post a Comment